Frequently Asked Questions

What is PURINIZE®?

PURINIZE® is a 100% natural, mineral-based water purifier that disinfects and clarifies questionable water from any freshwater source without chemical disinfectants, making it safe to drink and use. Its proprietary formulation of flocculating and coagulating mineral salts eliminates/reduces 200+ contaminants including pathogens (bacteria, viruses, and protozoa) as well as heavy metals, industrial and agricultural chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and more. 

How does PURINIZE® work?

PURINIZE® works through the processes of Reduction-Oxidation (REDOX) and Coagulation-Flocculation (CF).

Reduction-Oxidation (REDOX) converts hazardous contaminants into less toxic compounds that are less mobile and/or inert. REDOX involves the transfer of electrons from one compound to another. One compound is oxidized (loses electrons) and one is reduced (gains electrons). For example, (toxic) hexavalent chromium is converted into (non-toxic) trivalent chromium.

Coagulation-Flocculation (CF) removes suspended pollutants, in the form of microscopic particles or gross organic matter, by trapping them and clumping them together to form particulates. These entrapped particulates eventually settle and can be easily removed from the purified water by straining through a regular filter, coffee filter, or fine cloth.

NOTE: It can take anywhere from 1-48 hours to notice any sediment in your purified water (colder water = slower process, hotter water = faster process). However, this does not mean your water isn't safe to drink. PURINIZE® starts working as soon as it's added to water and requires only a 60 minute wait time.  

What contaminants are PURINIZE® effective against?

PURINIZE® is effective against a broad range (over 200 in total) of contaminants commonly found in outdoor and drinking water sources including biological contaminants like bacteria, viruses, and protozoan cysts, and toxic contaminants like agricultural and industrial chemicals, pharmaceuticals, heavy metals, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), disinfectants, and disinfection byproducts.

Tests were completed by a certified, independent laboratory according to EPA & NSF/ANSI standards (when applicable). View test reports here.

What are the ingredients of PURINIZE®? 

97.5%...................Purified Water

2.5%.....................Sulfate Mineral Salts*

*Alum, calcium, cerium, chromium, cobalt, copper, iron, lanthanum, lithium, magnesium, manganese, nickel, phosphorus, potassium, rubidium, scandium, selenium, silicon, strontium, sulfur, titanium, vanadium, and zinc.

How does PURINIZE® differ from conventional water purifier tablets/drops?

  1. Conventional water purifiers use chemicals like chlorine dioxide, tetraglycine hydroperiodide (iodine), and sodium hypochlorite (bleach) to disinfect water. PURINIZE® does not. 
  2. Conventional water purifiers create harmful byproducts (e.g. chloramines) when added to water; PURINIZE® does not.
  3. Conventional water purifiers have usage restrictions, they're only safe for short-term, emergency situations; PURINIZE® has no usage restrictions, it's safe for everyday, consistent use.
  4. Conventional water purifiers (e.g. iodine) aren't safe for children and pregnant women; PURINIZE® is safe for everyone to use. 
  5. Conventional water purifiers aren't effective against chemicals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, and other toxic contaminants; PURINIZE® is effective against these contaminants.

How does PURINIZE® differ from UV (Ultraviolet) light?

  1. UV requires a power source; PURINIZE® does not.
  2. UV is not effective against chemicals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals and other toxic contaminants; PURINIZE® is effective against these contaminants.
  3. UV is not reliable in highly turbid water; PURINIZE® reduces turbidity. 

NOTE: UV light may not readily activate if water (e.g. snow melt) doesn't contain enough minerals (electrolytes). It's suggested to add salt or an electrolyte beverage to the water to help activate it, and that's what PURINIZE® is (complex mineral salts).

I already use a water filter. Why do I need PURINIZE®?

Pre-treating your water with PURINIZE® gives you the maximum of protection against toxic contaminants. Most portable water filters efficiently remove biological contaminants. However, outdoor and drinking water sources often contain toxic contaminants like chemicals from agricultural and industrial practices, pharmaceutical drugs, heavy metals, and more. PURINIZE® neutralizes these contaminants, so they're easily filterable. By pre-treating your water with PURINIZE®, these contaminants can no longer pass through your filter.

 How do I use PURINIZE®?

Just add the suggested amount to your water and shake well to distribute evenly. Wait at least 60 minutes, filter, and drink. 

NOTE: Results may vary. Severely contaminated water may require added solution. Use PURINIZE® for freshwater sources only and not salt water. Our experts are here to help. If you have any concerns or question, please contact us.

How soon can I drink my water after treating it with PURINIZE®?

Although the exact time may vary slightly depending on conditions like water temperature and contamination level, a 60-minute wait period is suggested before drinking water treated with PURINIZE®. This 60-minute wait period ensures adequate time for PURINIZE® to disinfect and clarify water to make it suitable for drinking.

What type of water can PURINIZE® treat? 

PURINIZE® can be used to treat any non-salt water source including (but not limited to) water from a tap, stream, river, lake, pond, etc.

How long can I use PURINIZE®?

As long as you wish. PURINIZE® has no usage restrictions. It's safe to use on a regular, everyday basis to purify any water you drink.

What is the shelf life of PURINIZE®?

PURINIZE® is not required to have an expiration; it will remain effective indefinitely as long as it's properly stored. In addition, PURINIZE® won't lose potency even after opening.

How do I store PURINIZE®?

In its original bottle, PURINIZE® should be stored out of direct sunlight in a dry place between 40-100°, this is because all plastics start to break down when exposed to extreme temperatures or sunlight over time.